How to create another site in ERPNext
After successfully installing ERPNext, you may want to create another site on the same server. This article describes the steps to do that.
The best practice is to use DNS based multitenancy, here are the steps.
- Make sure ERPNext is installed and running correctly in production on the server. Also, make sure to take a backup of the database and everything, in case something goes wrong.
- Login to the server using the frappe user.
- Run the following commands.
$ cd ~/frappe-bench/
$ bench config dns_multitenant on
$ bench new-site site.name
$ bench setup nginx
$ bench --site site.name install-app erpnext
Where site.name is your site FQDN, for example erp.yoursite.com
- Login as root, then restart nginx as follows.
# service nginx reload
- Make sure the site url is correctly configured in the DNS server to point to the correct IP address of the server.
- Visit the new site, and it should work side by side with the first site on the server.
REQUEST A SERVICE
Do you have a web design or development project that needs to be done? Click on the following button to get started now and send us your request and we will get back to you shortly.